Friday, November 25, 2005

Denied in Vermont

Well, I didn't get the internship at Yestermorrow. They had a heap of applicants for only four positions and I was waitlisted, so that was an ego boost, but apparently it was not meant to be.

The exciting news is, if I skip out on Christmas at home, I have no reason to be back in New England in January. So that means I'm officially looking for a job out West. At the moment I think I'd like to be in the Pacific Northwest, but I'm up for just about anything (except this town in Utah where I'm sitting right now).

Ideas?
csl

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boys,
sounds like you are digging your hands in the dirt! good stuff. Just checked out the website, funny how the last comment here (P.of Arlington) mentions Northwest Portland, well, I just happen to live in N.W. Portland--If you fellas still want to swing thru ..would be great to know if and when--door is always open (or my floor!) call me. 248-766-4684

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Dane is out there in Portland too, FYI. He just showed up. Also, you've got a floor to crash on here in East Africa too if you want.

Carl my read on Yestermorrow is well, you've had plenty Valley over your life. It would've been damn cool, but hey that cowboy hat of yours fits well, might as well rock it while you can.

My biggest question is do you know the people who post here or are petem and sally h. random blog-surfers. Anyway, I think you should check out her floor.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl,

Tough break on the internship, although it seems like a sign that you a destined for different (BIGGER, BETTER!!) things.

I've heard several rave reviews of Portland, but please don't forget about Sun Valley, Idaho. It's apparently up and coming and has tons of good skiing. I've also had my eye on Boulder, CO for a while, as it's supposedly the Burlington of the SW.

I just got back from a week in Mexico and Boston has never felt colder. Speaking of which, when is the surf leg of the trip? Maybe I can fly out and meet you guys at the beach. Keep me posted.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home