Friday, November 11, 2005

Vermont's most popular tourist destination


As a flatlander, I'd been there before, three times...but as a native Vermonter, my friend Aaron had never even seen the place, so while we waited for the Mad River Valley's Macintosh Mad Scientist to fix my ipod (which went for a swim), we made the pilgrimage to Waterbury and took the Ben and Jerry's factory tour. Not be negative, but since I was there last, the price went up, the samples got smaller and the "moovie" got lamer. But those samples were tasty as ever. The highlight, however, was certainly the flavor graveyard. I really respect the humility it requires to make light of failed/retired products. Perhaps Ford has a whimsical graveyard in Dearborn where graves are marked with witty epitaphs about the Edsel, Merkur, and Mustang II...
csl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home